Each year there a number of sons, brothers, and cousins of current and former major-league players who are selected in the 2016 MLB Draft.
Bleacher Report provided an interesting assessment of the probabilities of several legacy prospects from the 2016 draft actually reaching the major-league level.
The assessment included the following drafted players who have relatives in pro baseball:
- Bo Bichette, son of Dante Bichette and brother Dante Bichette Jr.
- Cavan Biggio, son of Craig Biggio and brother of Conor Biggio
- Conner Capel, son of Mike Capel
- Trey Griffey, son of Ken Griffey Jr. and grandson of Ken Griffey Sr.
- Jacob Heyward, brother of Jason Heyward
- Torii Hunter Jr., son of Torii Hunter Sr.
- Preston Palmeiro, son of Rafael Palmeiro and brother of Patrick Palmeiro
- Cal Quantrill, son of Paul Quantrill
- Nick Shumpert, son of Terry Shumpert and cousin of Mookie Betts
For the full report see the link below from Bleacher Report: